Serves 10 | Cooks In 120 Mins
- 1200g Beef Mince
- 3 Diced Onions
- 75g Tomato Paste
- 800ml Beef Stock
- 350g Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 100g Diced Carrots
- 8 Peeled and crushed Garlic Cloves
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1000g Mashed Potato
- 150g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Brown the mince in a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat until golden, and then drain off any excess fat and set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until golden throughout, stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Add the tomato paste and cook out for 5 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Add the browned mince to the pan and stir well. Turn down to a low heat stirring all the time.
- Add the beef stock (Powder) and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 Minutes or until the desired consistency and place in the base of a casserole dish.
- Pipe or spoon over the mash and top with cheese.
- Bake in a medium oven (Approx 180°C) until golden and bubbling (Approx 30-40 minutes).