Goats Cheese and Onion Tart
Serves 10 people | Cooks In 45 mins
- 2000g Sliced Red Onions
- 180g Chef's Pass Onion Reducation
- 50g Thyme
- 800g Goats Cheese
- 250ml Madeira
- 150ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 10x Pastry Cases
- 20g Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Soy, Sulphites, Gluten Lactose
- Marinade the sliced onions in the Che's Pass Onion Reduction and then place into a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Add the madeira and turn up the heat, cooking until it has evaporated, stirring all the while.
- Add the red wine vinegar and sugar and cook until the onion becomes sticky and set aside to cool.
- Crumble the goats cheese into a bwol and add the thyme leaves. Mix in the cooled onion mix and season to taste.
- If baking your pastry case, ensure they are fully sealed and cool. If using bought cases simply ensure they are intact.
- Divide the mix between the cases and smooth flat
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Serve on a wooden board.