Serves 10 | Cooks In 80 mins
- 5 Peeled and sliced red onions
- 10 Peeled and crushed garlic cloves
- 5 Diced aubergines
- 7 Diced courgettes
- 7 Diced red or yellow peppers
- 15 Peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 Bunch of torn basil
- 50ml Olive oil
- 5 Sprigs of thyme
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Lemon
- 600ml Vegetable stock (paste)
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pan and batch fry the aubergines, peppers and courgettes until golden and set aside.
- Add the onion garlic and thyme to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Return the aubergine, courgette and peppers to the pan and stir in the fresh and tinned tomatoes, the chicken stock and season with balsamic salt and pepper.
- Simmer over a low heat for 30-35 minutes, then add the torn basil, adjust the seasoning and grate over the lemon zest.