SOUTH AMERICAN FRIED CHICKEN
Serves 10 people | Cooks In 45 mins
- 2000g Skinned and Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1000ml Buttermilk
- 1500g Flour
- 90g Chef’s Pass Hot Peri Peri Marinade
- 20g Garlic Powder
- 1000g Peri Peri Hot Coleslaw
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix the flour, Chef’s Pass marinade, salt, garlic powder and cracked black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Place the buttermilk in another large bowl.
- Dip the chicken thighs first in the flour, then the buttermilk, then the flour again. Set aside in the flour.
- Fry the chicken in a fryer @ 180°C for 12-15 minutes until golden and crispy. Check that the chicken is cooked through, it may need some time in the oven to ensure a core temp of 72°C.
- Serve with Hot Peri Peri slaw in a round plate or takeaway box.