Steak Frites & Bearnaise Sauce
Serves 10 people | Cooks In 60 mins
- 2000g Ribeye Steak
- 1500g Fries
- 800g Kerrymaid Hollandaise Sauce
- 20g Tarragon
- 20g Chervil
- 500g Sliced Red Onions
- 40g Chefs Pass Onion Reduction
- 12g Thyme
- 50ml Madeira
- 30ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 30g Granulated Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season the Steak and chargrill until cooked to your liking.
- Chop the chervil and tarragon and add to the hollandaise and warm it up.
- Fry the chips, season with salt and set aside.
- Marinade the sliced onions in the Chefs Pass Onion Reduction and then place into a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Add the Madeira and turn up the heat, cooking until it has evaporated, stirring all the while.
- Add the Red wine vinegar and sugar and cook until the onion becomes sticky and set aside to cool.
- Place the steak on the plate, top with onion marmalade, serve with fries and spoon over warm béarnaise sauce.
- Serve on a round plate.